Sunday, June 13, 2010

True Love

Last Wednesday we did a group tour in admissions for a church choir visiting from Georgia. I'll be honest I only signed up for the tour because there was free pizza involved and me being a poor college student will sign up if there is anything free offered especially food. To my surprise they were the probably the coolest sixty people I've had the opportunity to meet working in admissions. Before we went out on the tour they sang for us and if I could sing half as well as they do I'd be a happy camper. After we got off of work a few of us went and hung out with them at the volleyball courts.
Quite the competitive bunch.
Unlike the majority of the people I hang out with I've never been to Bible camp or youth group before so this was a good way to figure out what I have missed out on. Betsey, the choir director, invited us to do their devotions with them. They sang a couple of songs and then they put two seniors in the center of the group and told them affirmations. I thought they were going to be silly things like "you're pretty" or "you're nice" and they did say that but they went beyond that. They were so unbelievable honest and nice I wanted to cry and I barely knew any of them.


Kaylyn and our new friend Carl

Whitney

Future Sailfish **whoot whoot** Maggie

P.S here is a funny picture of Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment